SE535 Sound Isolating Earphones
Find stores in my area:
Where to buy
- In the box
What is Sound Isolation?
Sound isolating earphones were originally developed as Personal Monitor Systems to allow musicians to hear their own performances in loud onstage environments.
They work by using soft, flexible sleeves to block background noise, allowing small, high-performance drivers to deliver incredibly precise sound directly to the ear. By selecting from an assortment of included soft sleeves, you are able to personalize the fit of the earphones to your ears.
What is a Triple High-Defintion MicroDriver?
It is made up of three balanced armature drivers – one dedicated tweeter and dual woofers. It also includes an integrated passive crossover that ensures high and low frequencies remain distinct and defined. This allows you to hear the details of your music like never before.
Detachable Cable with Wireform Fit
The SE535 features a durable Kevlar™ reinforced cable that allows easy replacement or customization. The formable wire ensures secure placement, and over the ear configuration keeps cables out of the way. The gold plated MMCX connector has a lock-snap mechanism allowing 360 degree rotation for comfortable fit.
How is Sound Isolation different from Noise Cancelling?
The seal created by a sound isolating earphone physically blocks most frequencies of background noise. Noise cancelling headphones are generally larger, heavier and battery driven. It uses active circuitry to counteract background noise, which may introduce unwanted artifacts in to your audio.
- Triple High-Definition MicroDrivers – one dedicated tweeter and two woofers
- Spacious sound with rich bass
- Cable with formable wire and a wide assortment of accessories for secure, comfortable fit
- Sound isolating sleeves in multiple sizes for up to 30 dB of isolation
- Cables are lockable for safe connection while in use and detachable for easy replacement.
- Colours: clear and bronze metallic
- Speaker type: Triple High-Definition MicroDrivers
- SensitivityThis is how mich signal a microphone produces for a given amount of sound.Read moreGo to the glossary (1 kHz): 119 dB SPL/mW
- ImpedanceThis describes how resistant an electrical circuit is to the flow of electricity passing through it.Read moreGo to the glossary: 36 Ω
- FrequencyThis is how many times a sound or radio wave oscillates in one second.Read moreGo to the glossary range: 18 Hz - 19 kHz
- Cable length: 162 cm
- Color: Clear or Bronze-Metallic
- Howtospendit.co.uk Financial Times Feb 2011: "The Shure SE535s, audio wise are simply beautiful" See full review
- Hifichoice.co.uk April 2011: "The Shure SE535's, are the best we've heard so far" See Full Review
- Engadget, August 2010: “If you're getting into the high-end monitor market for the first time, though, the SE535s need to be on your short list.” See full review
- Head-Fi.Org, August 2010: “The SE535’s are the most balanced IEM’s I have heard. They suit any music and can be EQ’d to everyone's taste." See full review
- Trusted Reviews, July 2010: "If you have something over £400 to spend on a pair of earphones, cost be damned, then the Shure SE535s are without a doubt the best you can buy." See full review
In the box:
- Black foam sleeves (S/ M/ L)
- Soft flex sleeves (S/ M/ L)
- Yellow foam sleeves
- Triple flex sleeves
- Premium carrying case
- 3.5 to 6.3 mm adapter
- Airline adapter
- Volume Control