SRH1840 Professional Open Back Headphones
Find stores in my area:
Where to buy
- In the box
The SRH1840 has a custom-crafted design and is extremely lightweight and durable. An included storage case, replacement set of velour ear pads, and an additional cable ensures years of uninterrupted listening enjoyment.
- Individually matched 40 mm neodymium drivers for unparalleled acoustic performance with smooth, extended high-end and accurate bass.
- Open-back, circumaural design for exceptionally natural sound, wide stereo image, and increased depth of field.
- Lightweight construction featuring aircraft-grade aluminum alloy yoke and stainless steel grilles for enhanced durability.
- Steel driver frame with vented center pole piece improves linearity and eliminates internal resonance for consistent performance at all listening levels.
- Ergonomic dual-frame, padded headband is lightweight and fully adjustable for hours of listening comfort.
- Oxygen-free copper cable (OFC) with Kevlar® reinforced jacket for superior performance and durability.
- Dual-exit cables with gold-plated MMCX connectors provide secure connection and detachability for easy storage or replacement.
- Replaceable velour ear pads with high density, slow recovery foam for exceptional comfort.
- Additional cable and zippered storage case provide years of listening enjoyment and convenient storage.
- Individually tested and serialized.
- Legendary Shure durability to withstand the rigors of everyday use.
- Transducer Type: nedymium magnet
- Driver size: 40 mm
- Sensitivity : 96 dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 65 Ω
- Max. input power: 1000 mW
- Frequency range: 10 Hz – 30 kHz
- Net weight (without cable): 268 g
- Cable length: 2,1 m
- Type of cable: Dual-exit, detachable oxygen-free copper
- Plug: Gold-plated 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo mini jack
What Hi Fi, July 2012 (Group Test Winner) - "Excellent detail, insightful, confident, natural sounding, flexible build, comfortable. Brilliant to listen to, with an amazing ability to bring out the fine details of a recording" Full Article
Tape Op, June/July 2012 - "The best headphones I have ever used (or earnestly auditioned) are the open-back Shure SRH1840's. In addition to that, they are the most comfortable headphones in my collection. When I really need to hear the truest, most undeviating representation of a recording, I will reach for my SRH1840"
Sound on Sound, July 2012 - "I can honestly say that the SRH1840’s put into shade all of the other headphones I’ve ever tried. It’s a big investment, but I have bought a pair for my own use, knowing that if I didn’t, I’d always be dogged by the feeling that something was vaguely unsatisfactory about my existing phones"
What Hi-Fi, April 2012 - "...if there’s another pair of open-backed headphones that sound so spacious, so engaged and so direct, well, we haven’t heard them" Full Review
Juno, March 2012 - "There are plenty of closed back headphones that are very easy to fall in love with, but when it comes to open backed headphones the SRH1840s are top of the tree" Full Review
In the box:
- Additional Pair of Velour Ear Pads (Part No.: HPAEC1840)
- Two Detachable Cables (Part No.: HPASCA2)
- Threaded ¼” Gold-Plated Adapter (Part No.: HPAQA1)
- Zippered Hard Storage Case (Part No.: HPACC2)