SRH940 Reference Studio Headphones II
Find stores in my area:
- In the box
What is the SRH940 best suited to?
The SRH940 are an ideal choice for professional audio engineers and musicians in applications such as studio recording and critical listening.
What are the features?
The SRH940 has a closed-back, circumaural design that rests comfortably over the ears which reduces background noise. The wide, padded headband provides ergonomic fit for superior comfort over extended periods. It has a precisely tailored frequency response to deliver rich bass, clear mid-range and extended highs. The collapsible design provides easy storage and portability, with the included carrying bag giving the headphones protection when on the go or not in use.
Also included is a replaceable cable and a replacement set of ear pads which ensure a long-lasting lifetime of use.
- Accurate frequency response delivers smooth high-end extension with tight bass, and superior transient response for minimal distortion
- Lightweight, ergonomic fit with premium padded headband provides superior comfort over extended periods
- Closed-back, circumaural design rests comfortably over the ears and reduces background noise
- Collapsible design with 90-degree swivel ear cups for easy storage and portability
- Replaceable velour ear pads ensure long product life
- Two included detachable cables provides plenty of length and flexible wearing options
- Zippered, hard travel case protects headphones when not in use
- Transducer Type: Dynamic, Neodym-Magnet
- Driver size: 40 mm
- Sensitivity : 100 dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 42 Ω
- Max. input power: 1000 mW
- Frequency range: 5 Hz - 30 kHz
- Net weight (without cable): 322 g
- Cable length: 3 m & 2,5 m
- Type of cable: Detachable, coiled
- Plug: Gold-plated 3.5 mm stereo mini plug
Sound on Sound, October 2011 -
"I think the frequency balance of these phones, with its ruthless absence of hype at the low end, is much more a blessing than a curse. Most mixes stand or fall on the mid-range, and you quickly appreciate the detail and clarity that these phones bring to that region. After a lot of listening, I even began to feel that my beloved Sonys were sounding muddy and veiled by comparison. The good levels of comfort and isolation make them ideal for tracking as well as mixing." See full review
DSP Project, October 2011-
SRH940 video review – See full review
Future Music - December 2011 -
"Think of the Shure SRH940 as the NS-10 of the headphone world. You might not like what they are telling you but they're only being honest"
Gizmodo, February 2012
"For those starting to get serious about audio and who want a pair of headphones that deliver sound whose quality probably exceeds its price, these are a good pair to start with" Full Review
In the box:
- Replacement velour ear pads (Part No: HPAEC940)
- 6,3 mm thread adapter, gold-plated (Part No: HPAQA1)
- Detachable coiled cable (Part No: HPACA1)
- Detachable straight cable (Part No: HPASCA1)
- Zippered, hard travel case (Part No: HPACC1)