From a humble start as a radio parts wholesaler in 1925 Shure has grown to become a global leader in audio electronics. Shure products have been ever…
For more than 90 years, Shure has been one of the leading suppliers of advanced audio conferencing systems. Our products are the first choice whenever audio performance is a top priority. Shure Incorporated is presented through a global partner network in more than 80 countries, with offices in Europe, Middle East and Asia.
We are looking for a
Senior Software Design Engineer (m/f)
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious and highly-skilled team, develop your skills as a wireless audio design engineer, and be able to take a stand-alone role in design, specification, implementation and test of wireless systems software. You will possess an impressive software design portfolio and a comprehensive knowledge and experience in best-practice processes throughout the lifecycle of software and systems design.
- Working within a team of wireless audio design professionals,
- Developing system designs, project work, analysis, systems software design and specification.
- Software testing- using your experience of testing/improvement and design of complete wireless communication systems
- Using DSP methods and design
- Developing User interfaces
- Design of embedded Wireless and Audio solutions
- Using protocol stacks and one or more of the following technologies DECT, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Zigbee or other short range wireless technologies
- Developing Linux based drivers and applications
- You will be tireless in your pursuit of the team’s objectives, which you take care in helping make focused and measurable.
- Your relentless improvement ethos will help us establish and maintain higher levels of quality and productivity than any of our competitors.
- Excellent personal management skills and whilst we have dedicated project managers, you will be required to assist project managers in estimating design effort & risk and to set and achieve focussed objectives through excellent team working.
- Educated to degree level 2.1 or 1st Hons or equivalent, 4+ years’ experience in real-time embedded
- software design with portfolio biased towards communication or wireless communication systems
- Experience in multiple system architectures
- Proven track record in evaluating, assimilating and applying emerging technologies to satisfy requirements
- Experienced in systems languages/notations (SDL/UML), and embedded s/w languages C, C ++
- Comprehensive familiarity with the complete product development process (idea to end of life)
- Expert in the software development lifecycle and design management environments
- Avid learner with strong initiative and motivation
- Excellent team player and communicator with good documentation and interpersonal skills
- A broad but thorough understanding of communication device/network technologies, protocols and standards
A challenging job in an international working environment with tremendous potential for future growth. It also goes without saying that we offer an attractive salary as well as comprehensive benefits.