XLR-to-USB signal adapter connects any XLR microphone to a computer for recording with headphone monitoring. Features include USB connectivity, integrated preamplifier with Microphone Gain Control, and Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback.
- USB Plug and Play connectivity
- Compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000, 7, 8, 10 and Mac OS X (10.1 or later)
- Integrated pre-amp with Microphone Gain Control allows control of input signal strength
- Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback and multi-tracking without disorientation
- Headphone jack with volume control for monitoring
- Monitor Mix Control for blending microphone and playback audio
- Provides +48V phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- Includes 3 m USB cable and zippered pouch
What is the X2u best suited to?
The X2u, combined with any wired microphone can be easily connected directly to a computer without the need for any additional hardware. This would make it ideal for home recording studios.
Will it work with my computer?
The X2u is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10 (32 & 64 bit), Vista (32 & 64 bit), XP, 2000 and Max OS X (10.1 or later). It features a built in headphone jack so that you can monitor the sound without the need for an additional sound card. It also includes an integrated pre-amp with mic gain control which allows you to control the signal strength.
Can I use a condenser microphone with the X2U?
The X2U does have phantom power so yes you can connect your condenser microphone straight into the computer
Do I need software to make the X2U work?
No - it is a plug and play solution
And what about latency?
Latency can be described as the time taken between initiating a request in the computer and receiving the answer. You can expect zero latency monitoring with the X2U. Zero-latency monitoring means real-time playback and multi-tracking without delay and 16-bit/48 kHz sample rate provides better-than-CD-quality audio.
What is monitor mix control?
With Monitor Mix Control (which is featured on the X2U) you can blend the mic signal and audio playback as you desire.