The entry to professional in ear personal monitoring from Shure. This package contains SE-112 Sound Isolating earphones, a P2R receiver and a P2T transmixerr.
- Built-in audio limiter
- Front mounted antenna
- Two mic/line input channels for mix control
- Built in headphone limiter
- Volume control on bodypack receiver
- 1/2 Rack space
Why is in ear monitoring more effective than using a wedge speaker on stage?
Using a Shure monitoring system allows you to hear the music via your earphones at the exact time it is played. There can be a short delay in music coming out of the wedge, which can cause performers to play out of time. Wedge monitors will sound fine when standing in one position, but if you move to the left or right, that sound is likely to change. With in ear personal monitoring, the sound will be constant and comes with you, wherever you go. Using wedge monitors long term can also be damaging to your ears. Using Shure sound isolating earphones cuts out the sound around you leaving you to focus on playing in time.
How do I set up my PSM 200 in ear system?
Simply connect two line-level or mic–level inputs directly into the transmixer. Set the frequency on the transmixer using a single button, and the same again on the bodypack receiver. Connect your earphones to the P2R, set up your desired mix using the personal mix controls on the front of the transmixer and you are now all ready to go.
Further Technical Specifications
- RF Carrier Frequency Range: 518–865 MHz (Note: Regionally dependent)
- Operating Range: 100 m (300 ft.) (Note: Environment dependent)
- Audio Frequency Response: 30 Hz to 12 kHz (+/–3 dB) (Note: Earphone dependent)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (1 kHz): <1.5% typical (Ref. ±35 kHz deviation)
- Modulation: FM ±35 kHz Deviation (Nominal)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 80 dB typical (A-weighted)
- Operating Temperature: -7 °C (20 °F) to +49 °C (120 °F)