The product includes a windscreen, integrated digital flash recording, superior RF immunity, an easy-to-read backlit LCD display, 5-position joystick, and integrated Rycote Lyre shock mounting system for isolation from vibration and mechanical noise.
- Detachable coiled cable with 3.5 mm gold plated connector allows you to record onto the camera
- Highly directional supercardioid / lobar polar pattern
- Integrated digital flash recording to microSD cards (24 bit / 48 kHz, WAV file format), up to 15 hours of audio on a 8 GB card
- Superior RF immunity protects against unwanted audio artefacts from cellular and RF devices
- Integrated professional quality Rycote Lyre shock mounting system provides isolation from vibration and mechanical noise
- Foam windscreen minimises wind noise (Rycote Windjammer available separately for high wind recording)
- An easy to read backlit LCD display, five position joystick, one button recording, and 3.5 mm headphone monitoring output, provide effective and straightforward device operation
- 60 dB audio gain adjustment, in single dB increments
- Up to 10 hours of battery life from 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Durable yet lightweight all metal construction
- Standard size shoe mount with 6.3 mm threaded base for on camera use, or easy mounting on a stand
Where can the VP83F be used?
The VP83F is a compact condenser shotgun microphone which allows you to easily capture detailed, high definition audio when video recording with DSLR cameras and camcorders. It can also be used with portable audio recorders. For ultimate convenience, and to enable standalone operation, it features integrated flash recording. A detachable coiled cable with 3.5 mm gold plated connector allows you to simultaneously record onto the camera.
What sound characteristics does it lend to video recordings?
The VP83F delivers professional quality, natural audio reproduction with high sensitivity, low self noise, wide frequency range, and a full low end response. Its shotgun format enables it to provide a supercardioid / lobar polar pattern. This is the most tightly directional pickup pattern possible, providing effective background noise rejection. The VP83F supports high quality recording directly onto microSD cards (24 bit / 48 kHz, WAV file format), and an 8 GB microSD card can hold up to 15 hours of audio.
How does the VP83F differ from the VP83?
As well as integrated flash recording, the VP83F offers the following additional features compared to the VP83:
- A dedicated 3.5 mm headphone output lets you monitor your audio in real time
- An easy to read, backlit LCD display shows audio level, battery life, track information, headphone volume, gain, low cut filter and remaining recording time
- A five position joystick provides advanced user controls for headphone monitoring, low cut filter and gain adjustments, track management and playback control
- Audio gain can be adjusted in 1 dB increments, up to 60 dB, so you can very precisely match the recording level to the loudness of your sound source
- Recording can be initiated with a one touch record button
|1||3.5 mm coiled audio cable|
Further Technical Specifications
- Power Requirements: 2 AA batteries (Alkaline, NiMH, Rechargeable Li-Ion)
- Battery Life: 10 hours (record mode) from 2 AA alkaline batteries