ShurePlus MOTIV mobile recording app offers recording, monitoring, and control with all Shure MOTIV Digital Microphones and recording solutions. Include metering, equalization, and compression, wind noise reduction, improved UI, and a new editor.
- Record 24-bit / 48 kHz uncompressed audio
- Share files via email, text and SMS
- High resolution metering
- 36 dB of adjustable gain
- Preset Modes - Five selectable modes optimize settings for gain, stereo width, equalization, and compression to match your recording needs.
- Advanced Audio Settings:
- Cartridge Selection (Stereo and Mono Settings)
- Stereo, Mono Cardioid, Mono Bi-Directional, Raw Mid-Side Output, Manual Decoding and Stereo Width Adjustment
- Wind Noise Reduction - low-frequency cutoff filter to eliminate rumble caused by environmental noise.
- Left-Right Channel Swap - flips the left and right audio channels when recording. Enable the swap to match the audio to video that is recorded when the microphone is reversed in certain phone/tablet positions.
- Equalizer, Limiter, and Compressor
- New editor that delivers the ability to trim and split tracks and add user-defined fades
- Improved UI that has been “flattened” in the 2.0 update, which means that there are less menus to navigate, making it easier and faster to get around
- Improved metering – visually, it’s far more fluid (i.e. less “jittery”) and the entire meter bar turns red if you happen to clip the input signal, which is much easier to see and respond to.
Advanced audio settings for the MV88
- Polar pattern selection (Stereo, Cardioid, Bidirectional, Raw Mid-Side)
- Adjustable stereo width (60, 75, 90, 105, 120, 135 degrees)
- Stereo, mono cardioid, mono bi-directional, raw mid-side output, manual decoding, and stereo width adjustment
- Low-frequency cutoff filter that eliminates rumble caused by wind and other environmental noise
- Left / right channel swap that enables the audio to match video recorded when the microphone is reversed in certain device positions
Designed for use with MOTIV Digital Microphones and Recording Solutions, the ShurePlus MOTIV™ Mobile Recording App allows real-time function adjustments and file sharing. An easy-to-use interface includes 24-bit / 48 kHz uncompressed recording, selectable DSP preset modes, microphone gain adjustment, and an intuitive stereo width control that adjusts the microphone pick-up pattern for optimal results, depending on the sound source and surrounding environment.
- Compatible with all MOTIV products (MV88, MV51, MV5, MVi, MVL)
- Offers real-time function adjustments that optimize settings for the sound source and environment
- Allows file sharing via email, text, iTunes, Airdrop and Dropbox
- Serves as a convenient and reliable stand-alone tool for high-quality recording
ShurePlus - MOTIV 2.1
- Improvements to editing
- Option in Settings to keep screen awake while recording
- Recording file size now displayed in full screen playback view
- Mic Setup screen works in Landscape mode
- New recordings now default to time and date filenames
- VoiceOver adjustments and improvements
- Firmware update support for the Remote + Mic Lightning Accessory Cable
- Minor fixes and performance enhancements
ShurePlus - MOTIV 2.1.2
- Monitoring is enabled again for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus due to customer feedback; however, monitoring over Bluetooth may exhibit quality issues
- If zoomed in on a waveform while editing, adding a marker will keep you in the zoomed-in view
- Improved file names for long recordings
- Updated Dropbox API
- Bug fixes
ShurePlus - MOTIV 2.1.3
Release Date: 8/16/2017
- iOS 11 compatibility
- Bug fixes
- There may be isolated incidents where the app freezes or loses connection to the microphone in iOS 11, especially if you leave the app or lock your phone with the mic connected, then reopen it. If this happens, force-close the app and unplug and re-plug the microphone.
- If you switch to another app by double-tapping the home button, your mic gain may change. We recommend switching between apps by single-tapping the home button and then opening the other app.
- We advise against using Apple AirPods Bluetooth headphones to monitor recordings, as this can lead to changes in mic gain or unwanted noise on the recording.