Suite of products offers increased channel count, rock-solid RF performance, and expanded automatic frequency management.
GLX-D Advanced Digital Wireless systems enable exceptional digital audio clarity, intelligent rechargeability and seamless operation. Available in rack mount receiver system configurations for use with GLX-D Advanced Frequency Managers and accessories for multi-system applications.
- Available Transmitter Form factors: Handheld, Bodypack
- Operating range (up to): 20-30 m (Under typical conditions)
GLX-D Advanced Frequency Manager
- Provides advanced automatic frequency management to a linked receiver community for improved RF performance and increased channel count
- Coordinates GLXD4R receiver scans of the 2.4 GHz RF environment
- Guarantees use of the clearest possible transmission and backup frequencies.
- Link multiple GLXD4R receivers via RF ports for traditional antenna distribution
- Allows for remote mounting of antennas in optimal locations for increased signal stability
- Link up to six GLXD4R receivers per Frequency Manager
- Link up to nine GLXD4R receivers in typical application environments (up to 11 under optimal conditions). Two GLX-D Frequency Managers required for communities of more than six receivers.
- Uses patented data communication via RF cables to create and manage the receiver community (US Patent: US9094755 B2)
- LINKFREQ Automatic Frequency Management - revolutionary intelligent frequency management quickly identifies the best open group and channel frequencies
- Bi-directional communication link enables transmitters to follow receiver frequency changes automatically
- Identifies and assigns optimal frequencies to receiver and transmitter pairs
- In case of interference, automatically and seamlessly transitions to backup frequencies
- Provides power to the GLXD4R receivers, eliminating need for power strips or multiple outlets
- Globally-unlicensed 2.4 GHz frequency band
GLXD4R Rack-Mountable Receiver
- Integrated battery charge port for proprietary Shure lithium-ion transmitter batteries, two-color charge indicator LED
- Green: Charged
- Flashing Green: 90% charged
- Red: Charging
- Detachable antennas for remote mounting
- Remote adjustable transmitter gain control
- Hi-res LCD screen status display. Real-time battery run-time displayed in hours and minutes (accurate within +/- 15 minutes)
- XLR and ¼” output connectors
- Rugged metal chassis design
- Included rack mount hardware
GLX-D Advanced Transmitters
- Automatically links with GLX-D wireless receivers for seamless frequency changing
- Up to 16 hours of continuous, rechargeable use with Shure proprietary lithium-ion rechargeable batteries
- One battery included with every transmitter
- Batteries available as separate accessories (SB902)
- Operating range:
- Indoors: Up to 100 feet (30 m) typical with a maximum of 200 feet (60 m) under ideal conditions
- Outdoors: Up to 20 m (65 feet) typical with a maximum of 50 m (165 feet) under ideal conditions
- Legendary Shure Microphone options
- Available as bodypack or handheld transmitters
GLXD1 Bodypack Transmitter:
- Sophisticated design with rugged metal construction
- Tactile on/off switch
- Locking TA4M connection for use with Shure lavalier, headset, earset and instrument microphones and guitar cables
- Reversible belt clip
GLXD2 Handheld Transmitter:
- Integrated microphone capsule design
- Sophisticated design with durable, lightweight construction
GLX-D Advanced System Configurations
- VOCAL: available with choice of legendary SM58®, SM86, Beta® 58A or Beta® 87A microphone capsules. SM86 availability is regionally dependent.
- GUITAR: with WA302 (¼” – TA4F) guitar cable
- PRESENTER: available with choice of WL93, WL185 lavalier microphones or MX153 earset microphone
- HEADSET: with choice of SM31FH or SM35 headset microphone (regionally dependent)
- INSTRUMENT: available with Beta® 98H Instrument microphone
GLX-D Advanced Power Management
- Custom Shure rechargeable lithium-ion batteries
- Up to 16 hours of continuous, rechargeable use. 3 hour charge = up to 16 hours use; 1 hour charge = up to 6 hours use; 30 minute charge = up to 3 hours use; 15 minute charge = up to 1.5 hours use
- Accurate battery metering in hours / minutes (+/- 15 minutes) displayed on LED screen
- Up to 10,000 hours of regular use per individual custom lithium-ion battery. Compared against up to 2,500 alkaline batteries = $2,000 in battery costs when compared to the life on one lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
- Rechargeability options
- Charge battery alone
- GLXD4 integrated charge port
- SB902 GLX-D Lithium-ion battery – available separately
- Charge a spare battery while system is in use
- SBC902 USB battery dock charger (available separately)
- GLXD4 integrated charge port
- Charge battery in-transmitter
- SBC10-MICROB USB charge cable (included)
- SBC-USB USB wall charger (available separately)
- SBC-CAR USB car charger (available separately)
- SBC10-902 battery dock USB charger (available separately)
- Charge battery alone
What is the main difference between GLX-D Advanced Digital Wireless and the current GLX-D Wireless Systems?
GLX-D Digital Wireless Systems are not rack mountable. They store within their own carrying cases and feature high-quality sound, automatic frequency management and rechargeability.
The GLX-D Advanced Digital Wireless includes Frequency Managers, rack mount receiver systems, remote antennas and accessories. All these combine flexibly for applications such as houses of worship, schools, auditoriums and venues with multiple wireless system requirements.
What is “LINKFREQ Technology”?
LINKFREQ Automatic Frequency Management is the latest proprietary Shure wireless technology platform, developed specifically to optimize wireless transmitter and receiver performance in the 2.4GHz frequency band. Powering up a GLX-D receiver and transmitter establishes an automated link between them, and GLX-D receiver begins to continuously analyze the active RF spectrum and determine which frequencies are best for transmission. Once identified, the frequencies are deployed via the established link to both the transmitter and receiver, automatically setting both wireless components simultaneously.
Additionally, in the presence of RF interference, the GLX-D receiver and transmitter will seamlessly move together to clean frequencies with no audio signal interruption.
How do you optimize wireless performance?
To optimize wireless performance it is recommended to:
- Use GLX-D Advanced Frequency Managers linked to GLXD4R rack mount receiver systems for improved RF performance.
- PA805Z2-RSMA Passive Directional Antennas can both improve desired signal and minimize interfering signals. If an access point is next to the receivers, locate the Passive Directional Antennas further away from the receivers - even have the rear facing the access point.
- Locate receivers ~10FT away from 2.4GHz sources such as wireless access points, computers, and other Wi-Fi devices.
- Minimize distance from transmitters to receivers- this is true of all wireless systems and 2.4GHz is no different.
I already own GLX-D Digital Wireless systems. Can I use my GLXD4 or GLXD6 receivers with the GLX-D Frequency Manager to get additional systems on air?
Unfortunately, no. The GLX-D Frequency Manager is designed specifically to work with receivers that can be rack-mounted and have detachable antennas. GLXD4 and GLXD6 receivers do not have either of those features, so at best the GLX-D Frequency Manager could be used in conjunction with GLX-D rack mount systems alongside the systems you currently own.