In most applications – be it live performance or studio recording – your microphone is the first piece of equipment in the signal chain. Anything that happens from this point forward is affected by your selection and placement at this vital moment – and therefore, a solid understanding of microphone principles is imperative to any professional audio engineer.
Wired Mastered is a half-day seminar aimed at professional audio engineers and production professionals. Attendees will learn the history behind modern microphones, the fundamental science behind them, and how to apply best-practice across a wide range of applications.
In-depth seminar on wired microphone technology, including demonstrations of different wired technology through the diverse range of Shure microphones.
The agenda will cover:
- The history of modern microphones.
- Microphone operating principles.
- Polar directionality and polar patterns explained in detail.
- The science behind Shure’s pneumatic shockmount.
- Microphone design and testing.
- Q&A – put your questions to our expert team.
Mr Tuomo Tolonen
Pro Audio Group Manager
Mr Tom Colman
Senior Applications Engineer, Shure Distribution UK
- Audio Engineers
- Live Production Professionals
- Free of charge (subject to availability)